Group Finance has overall finance responsibility for the Al-Futtaim Group, including the trading, financial services and services, as well as real estate divisions, across MENA and Asia Pacific regions.
:: About The Role:
Responsibilities include :-
- Analyse identified issues relating to SAP R/3 impacting Group Finance to recommend Functional / Technical enhancements to the SAP R/3 system.
- Liaise with EIT for the Implementation of enhancements identified by Group Finance in SAP R/3 system to improve the financial processes and ensure optimum usage of SAP R/3 system
- Review and carry out appropriate action in coordination with the EIT team to ensure that the current system is maintained in a stable manner to ensure that the users complete the SAP BPC tasks/activities on time
- Assist the General Manager in Identifying and driving system enhancement initiatives to improve SAP BPC processes and optimum utilisation of the SAP BPC system
- Recommend and implement improvement initiatives with the Local Users and Corporate Users to enhance the data quality submitted which will in-turn contribute to improvement in the quality of the SAP BPC system outputs / reports
- Continuous evaluation of training needs and recommending training plans / initiatives for the Local and Corporate Users to ensure Users are abreast with the latest SAP BPC processes and functionalities
- Track SAP BPC system updates and recommend upgrade initiatives in coordination with the EIT Team from time to time to ensure the system is kept updated at all times and to utilise the latest functionalities introduced by SAP
- Track and facilitate the delivery of the various milestones from Group Finance's side for the Integrated Planning project to ensure delivery of project on time
- Assist the General Manager in evaluating proposals from various vendors / Consultancy firms for SAP BPC future implementations (i.e. Integrated Planning) to provide inputs to the Management for decision making and support
- Assist the General Manager in the periodical review of Group Financial Policies along with any appointed external consultants to ensure that Group Financial Policies are updated at all times.
- Drafting of Financial Policies on new areas identified, coordination of workshops to discuss the same with the Businesses for recommending the policies for implementation.
- Assist the General Manager in carrying out periodical review of compliance of Financial Policies by the group companies to ensure that the Group Financial Policies and Procedures are adhered to by the group companies and recommend any changes required to the policies.
- Coordinate review meetings with the respective Business Divisions / Units to discuss the Ernst & Young Management Letter and key Internal Audit recommendations impacting finance and agree on timelines for implementation in order to reduce the Group's financial exposure and risks.
- Periodically follow-up the status with the respective divisions to ensure the implementation of the key agreed recommendations
:: About The Person:
- Chartered Accountant with prior ERP implementation experience and sound working knowledge of SAP ERP and Consolidation system.
- Overall 8 years + in Finance with 3 to 4 years in similar role
- Sound knowledge of various Financial Processes, Policies & Procedures, Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Strong people and time management skills, Project Management skills
- MS Office, ERP & Consolidation, Internal Audit
- Interpersonal Skills, Business Acumen, Problem Solving, Confident, Leadership Skills and Strategic Thinking
:: Company Profile:
Business Unit:GroupCountry:United Arab Emirates