For those who couldn't make it, here's a little summary:
I shared my idea to successfully pass the exams by introducing the idea as "MY 6 P'S OF SUCCESS". Here are a few highlights:
1) PAST PAPERS
- Must solve at least last 10 attempts. If you have the time start from 2007 as examiner comments were introduced in that attempt for guidance.
- Follow paper Pattern and make it your basis.
- Follow past papers of other exam bodies like ACCA and ICEAW for certain subjects for eg. Advanced Auditing.
Write write and write! Oral is not enough!
Attempt at least last 3 attempts papers in the ICAP library timing yourself. Give yourself 3 hours 15 minutes just like you are sitting in the exam. Convince your friends to join you and then mark each other’s papers. This will reduce your fear on the exam day and will help you manage your time better.
- Prepare a written time table. Review and makes changes if required after every week or two.
- Follow your set targets by hook or by crook.
- If you plan on attempting 4 or 5 exams. (for students of Module F) Bad idea! Reduce ur load and attempt max 3 and ace them. I have seen many people quitting in the last 10 days and then attempting selective papers.
DECIDE TODAY AND STICK TO IT. DO-NOT DECIDE IN THE VERY END.
Reward your-self in between the day or after the whole day of hard work. Go out with friends for dinner or small snacking between the day. "All work and no Play made Jack a dull boy".
Allah hi Allah Kia Karo. Dukh na kisi ko dia Karo ! ENOUGH SAID
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK! MAY ALLAH HELP US SUCCEED IN OUR GOALS. AMEEN!
Anum Alam Khan