I see numerous candidates make simple, easy to fix, mistakes that I though I'd just write a few suggestions I feel can make or break a candidates chances of landing a job.
These are some of my general tips for job seekers;
1. Keep your profile up to date, including a professional picture
2. Have an easy way for people to get in touch, such as a visible email/number
3. Stop saying 'interested' to posts, it doesn't work that way
4. Connect with people in companies you want to apply in, build a network and get referrals!
5. Don't beg, have some self worth. No one is giving hand outs here
6. Don't spam your email/cv out there, have a more targeted approach. E.g. If you send you resume to someone and say please see if I'm suitable for any position, you'll almost never get a response. Instead, mention a specific position you feel you qualify for and why
7. Keep improving, stagnation is the death of us all
8. Highlight your strengths, and mitigate your weaknesses
9. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Don't fall for scams etc
10. NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK!!! If you're connected with a handful of people, you're not going to get far, reach out and make a worthy connection with people