Here are few common reasons/mistakes, .........
Mostly recruiters spend max 1-2 minutes in reading out the CV. So it is the responsibility of applicant to impress him/her within this tenure. So one must be careful while writing and sending the CV because it shows the reflection of your personality.
Common little mistakes
1. Nothing mentioned in Email Subject line
2. Wrong details mentioned in the email subject line
3. Inappropriate wording in the CV
4. Mismatch Qualification / Experience
5. Unsupported CV Format (pefer to make CV in Word document)
6. Missing Contact Info
7. Inappropriate Name (Princess, Prince, Cute, Dashing etc )
8. Inappropriate Email IDs (firstname.lastname@example.org , Barbie_doll@Hotmail.com).
9. Don't confuse your potential employers with statements like "references will be furnished for your comfort"
10. Negative reasons for leaving a job (In Interview / Job Application).
11. CV wasn’t accompanied by a Cover Letter;
12. CV arrived later than the specified closing date for applications;
13. CV was irrelevant to the Job advertised;
14. CV was accompanied by a photo of the applicant (and went straight into the bin);
15. CV was excellent but there were applications more suitable for the job;
16. CV was good, but due to huge volumes of applicants the CV was never read;
17. CV was poorly presented and printed on cheap paper;
18. CV didn’t reach the intended person;
19. CV was too long and lost the reader’s interest (too long, difficult to follow, unstructured);
20. CV contained too little (relevant) information;
21. CV contained too much (irrelevant) information;
22. CV was included spelling or grammar mistakes;
23, CV included misleading and/or false information