1. ICAP has announced Directors Training Program in Faisalabad, the fees for regular candidate is Rs. 150,000 and for ICAP members Rs. 120,000
2. Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) has arranged participation of 12 exporters from agricultural sector in World Food Moscow exhibition to improve volume of trade with Russia. The other objective of the participation was to help exporters introduce and capture Russian market
3. Islamabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICCI) organized a seminar on sales tax on services and inter-provincial harmonization in collaboration with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) here on Wednesday. Atif Ikram Sheikh President ICCI in his welcome address said that positive changes were happening gradually in the tax system and stressed that government should make tax policies in consultation with trade bodies by addressing their key concerns on tax matters. It was stressed that SMEs should also focus on improving their financial management skills to deal with tax matters more effectively.The businessmen said that tax regime in Pakistan was complicated with multiple tax rates as taxpayers were paying almost 10 different taxes in addition to many indirect taxes.
4. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) based inflation rate during last month (January) witnessed an increase of 3.3 percent as compared to same month of last year. On month-on-month basis the CPI inflation however decreased by 0.2 percent in January as compared to the previous month, according to data released by Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).
5. The Senate Standing Committee on Finance, Revenues and Economic Affairs was informed on Thursday that Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) had collected Rs 180 billion during first half (July-December) of current fiscal year. An amount of Rs 135.3 billion was collected during same period of last year thus showing a growth of 32.6 percent
6. Mobile phone imports in Pakistan have reached US $ 375.063 million during first half (July-December) of current fiscal year, showing 7.9 percent increase as compared to same period of previous year. Total imports of mobile phone stood at US $ 347.564 million in same period last year. According to Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS), overall telecom imports saw significant decline of 7.43 percent during July- December 2015-16 compared to the same period in last year and total imports were recorded at US$ 695.334 million compared to US $ 751.124 million in same period last year.
7. Total liquid foreign exchange reserves of the country stand at dollars 20.27508 billion, said State Bank of Pakistan (SBP).SBP's weekly statement here on Thursday said the foreign reserves held by State Bank on January 29, amounted $ 15,435.4 million and the net foreign reserves with other banks were $ 4,840.4 million
8. Pakistan Post has collected revenue of Rs3774.343 million in provision of various services including utility bills, collection of income tax on motors, provisional tax collection during fiscal year 2014-15.Official sources said the Pakistan Post has collected Rs347.413mn for collection of utility bills on behalf of various utilities companies
1. Changes in corporate law folder is attached with this email for all GCA members.
2. ICAP students who had obtained more than 40 marks in their December, 2015 attempt in any subject can apply for individual feedback related to their performance in the exam through ICAP student secured login. Fee for this facility is Rs: 6,600/-. This facility is available to first 50 students who will apply to ICAP per subject at C.A. Final (Winter Examinations – 2015)
Complete job details and updates are available at following link: