Purpose of this newsletter is to keep the continuing information needs of those professionals who are unable to follow such updates at our platform or any other.
GCA Consultants Updates:
All those students/trainees who ever sent a email to ICAP regarding any query or issue faced (primarily firm related issues) and did not get a reply,please contact us. Share the email ID and the email sent to ICAP. They shall be presented before ICAP anonymously. Our main objective is to get a proper complaint redressal mechanism developed in ICAP.
For those who are facing similar issues,contact ICAP.Raise your issue and if no response is received in 3 days,follow the above guideline.
Please spread this msg in the best interest of aggrieved students.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GCA ebooks Project:
Following books are added to our eLibrary at http://www.gcaofficial.org/ebooks.html
1. IFRS 2016 Blue Book
2. Auditing Standards 2014
3. ICAEW Past Papers
4. A trader’s money management system
CA ICAP Updates:
- The amendments in the Corporate Laws issued six months prior to the date of examination shall be considered forming part of syllabus for the next attempt.
Training Regulations highlights:
- Male trainee students are eligible for a break of six months with consultation with their
- Female trainee students shall be eligible for a break in their training period up to one year on account of marriage and/or maternity.
- Training outside practice is expected to be enforced after June 2016,same terms and conditions are expected as of training in practice
- The Study Packs of CPAF Level will be available on-line in March 2016 and in hardbound in in April 2016.
New CA Firms
- Asad ijaz and tabassum (Islamabad)
- Usman Chugtai and co (Karachi)
- Ayub Islam and co (Lahore)
- Standard exam entry fee closing date on 31 jan for march attempt.
- 31 jan is also last date for early exam entry date for june attempt
- Performance objectives are about to be updated in everyone's portal in february. Old performance objectives achieved will be carried forward while remaining will be to be achieved according to new performance objectives introduced.
- Last date for filing of individual and aop tax returns is 31 jan 2016. With no possibility of further extension by fbr.
- In sales tax return there is a major change for telecom sector only in jurisdiction on sindh. According to SRB notification no SRB-3-4/2/2016 issued on 27 jan 2016 now return filing date would be 18 of a calender month and payment date would be 15 of a calender month, which was 24 and 21 respectively before. And this notification shall be applicable from february 2016. Note there is no change in compliance date in other authorities or for other industry or sector.
- No more circular issued by fbr for extension of filing of final taxation of companies or corporate returns which was closed on 21 january 2016.
- The ICMA Pakistan’s Annual General Meeting will be conducted on 31-Jan-16 at ICMAP Lahore center.
- ICMA Pakistan has signed MOU with AIOU, NUML, FJWU, and GIKI-EST Universities for “Research, Development & Innovation.”
- Vice President wrote an article to “Regulate the Regulators”
- Jobs Vacancy Information has been updated on the web: www.icmap.com.pk
- Karachi Branch Council Conducted a seminar on Examination Techniques.
- ICMA Pakistan conducted an Awareness Seminar on Draft Companies Act, 2015 in Islamabad.
- Islamabad Branch Council has arranged Two Days Comprehensive Workshop on Quickbooks Enterprise Edition 2014.
- ICMA Pakistan Orientation Session on Code of Ethics in Lahore.
- ICMA Pakistan has issued a 3-Day Special Provision for Submission of Application Forms for Fall-2015 Examinations first time in the History of ICMA Pakistan.
- Circular for Extra Reading and its modification for Fall-2015 Examination updated on Institute Official Web.
- Circular of Revised Structure of Question Paper, which is Effective from Fall-2015 Examinations updated on the web.
- ICMA Pakistan issued guidelines for Examinees for Fall-2015 Examination.
- Time Table for Fall-2015 was issued and Exam will be conducted 22-Feb-2016 to 02-Mar-16.
- MANAGER – ICAP (29-01-2016 to 15-02-2016)
- HEAD OF ADMINISTATION (SAFETY & SECURITY) – ICAP (29-01-2016 to15-02-2016)
- ASSISTANT MANAGER EDUCATION & TRAINING- ICAP (29-01-2016 to15-02-2016)
- ASSISTANT MANAGER (HYDERABAD)- ICAP (29-01-2016 to15-02-2016)
- ASSISTANT MANAGER TECHNICAL SERVICES- ICAP (29-01-2016 to15-02-2016)
- ASSISTANT MANAGER INTERNAL AUDIT- ICAP (29-01-2016 to15-02-2016)
- SENIOR OFFICER HUMAN RESOURCES- ICAP (29-01-2016 to15-02-2016)
- SECRETARIAL SUPPORT- ICAP (29-01-2016 to15-02-2016)
- ASSISTANT MANAGER (ABBOTTABAD)- ICAP (29-01-2016 to15-02-2016)
- Head of Corporate Finance Unit / Accounting and Compliance Specialist- Government of the Punjab – Finance Department-27-01-2016-08-02-2016
- Manager – Accounts & Payables (Based at Lahore)- Allied Bank-26-01-2016-01-02-2016
- Accounts Manager- Firdous Cloth Mills (Pvt) Limited-26-01-2016-31-01-2016
- Internal Auditor- Planning & Development Department, Punjab-26-01-2016-04-02-2016
- Manager Finance (2 Positions) (Karachi & Lahore)- The Indus Hospital-26-01-2016-07-02-2016
- Chief Financial Officer – Karachi- UniEnergy Limited-26-01-2016-08-02-2016
- Accountant- Garment Factory-26-01-2016-31-01-2016
- Officer Examination- ICAP-22-01-2016-15-02-2016
- Deputy Manager – Corporate Affairs- TATA Pakistan-22-01-2016-05-02-2016
- Head of Taxation- TATA Pakistan-22-01-2016-05-02-2016
- Internal Auditor- The University of Balochistan, Quetta.-21-01-2016-25-02-2016
- Chief Operating Officer – Services- PIA-21-01-2016-02-02-2016
- Chief Financial Officer- National Insurance Company Ltd.-21-01-2016-31-01-2016
- General Manager Finance - Rastgar Engineering Company (Pvt) Ltd.-20-01-2016-02-02-2016
- Financial Controller- Fazia Housing Scheme Karachi (FHSK)-18-01-2016-01-02-2016
- Chief Financial Officer- State Life Insurance Company-18-01-2016-31-01-2016
- Appointment of Paper Setters and Markers- ICAP-06-01-2016-29-02-2016